SOCIAL & GLOBAL - LOS ALTOS
There is no other volunteer organization quite like the Y. Each of our volunteers helps move people and communities forward, delivering the benefits of good health, strong communities, greater self-confidence and a sense of security to all who seek it. Help bring about meaningful, enduring change in your community and volunteer at the Los Altos Family YMCA.
- Fitness & Membership - Sarah Faulkner
- Academic Enrichment - Ken Sol
- Teen Internships - Eva Blacconiere
- Board of Directors - Brandi Collato
Call 562.596.3394 for more information
The good you do lives on forever through making the Y a part of your legacy. We invite you to learn more.
MILITARY OUTREACH INITIATIVE
Thank you for your service!
Click here to view a printable flyer to have your joining fee waived.
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
ELIGIBLE MILITARY FAMILIES GET A FREE MEMBERSHIP TO THE Y
Who is eligible for membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel ( Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
What do you need to do?
1. Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800.342.9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
2. Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to our YMCA for verification.
If you have any questions, please contact Brandi Collato at 562.596.3394
BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers” is an American Heart Association (AHA) class. The course will cover basic CPR for adult, child, infant and two person. It will address airway management, bag valve use, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training. All participants who successfully complete the written exam and skills demonstration will receive an “American Heart Association BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers” course completion card that is valid for two years. All participants will receive an AHA manual available for use at class.
- Four-hour class + online pre-work
- Two-year certification
- Meets day care licensing requirements
- Meets California Teaching Credential requirements
- For healthcare providers
Location: LOS ALTOS FAMILY YMCA
Day/Time: 2nd Friday of Every Month, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Registration Deadline: 1st Friday of Every Month
Fee: Member: $95.00 Non-Member: $110.00
Call the Y at 562.596.3394 for information.
LIFEGUARD & SAFETY AMERICAN RED CROSS
Ages 16+ This 16hr course includes Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid for Public Safety Personnel. There will be a pre-course skills test on the first day of class. Course requirements include attendance/participation, successful completion of scenarios and final exam.
Location: LOS ALTOS FAMILY YMCA
Day/Time: AUGUST (date still to be determined)
*Must attend both days